Monday, October 10, 2011

History in the making

Tulelake, CA— For those that are unaware there is a movement going on called, “OCCUPY WALL STREET" taking place in New York City and to date in 26 cities across the USA.

I realize Tulelake is not a large city but it has to start somewhere and I decided to do my part by posting information on the TNT Blog for others to spread the word about OWS.

They have live cams of the events taking place in New York City and other cities across the USA. There are no leaders, they do things as a consensus of WE THE PEOPLE.

Where 99% of the people who are out of work and unemployed and being left out by the bailouts that took place with Wall Street and the banking industry. The 1% is not paying their fair share of taxes. It is people like you and me who are paying all the taxes. While those that occupy the top 1% pay little or nothing in income taxes.

This movement started and began on Sept 17 and they are now in day 24 of the peaceful protest. There have been arrests made mostly in New York. 14 people were arrested in Sacramento. There are events in Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco and other cities. There are protests from as far away from New York on the west coast of the USA. From Seattle, WA to Portland, OR and cities as mentioned of those in California.

It is my plan now to help to keep people informed as to what is going on. OWS is a peaceful non-violent movement standing up for the 99% of us. From teachers to janitors from all walks of life who are part of the 99% who are losing their houses due to the financial situation we are all up against. With wages going down and prices going up such as groceries and gas.

To get involved and get more information for yourself you can go to http://www.livestream.com/globalrevolution and live chat on MRIC. I will do my best to keep people informed on the TNT blog where comments can be posted and questions asked.

If you have access to a blog you can do the same thing I am trying to do by getting the word out about what is happening with OWS. I am doing my part all from a small town in California called Tulelake, CA with a population of 1000 people approximately. So if I can do my part you can do your part by getting the word out the same way I am from my little blog. If you do not have a blog you can get one for yourself and do the same thing.

Every form of communication is being used at the OWS and they are following all the laws of the cities where the movements are taking place. Where like in New York they cannot use microphones. So they are chanting and others in their groups chat to others what is being communicated. They are even using solar batteries for their live cams since there is no way to have access to power supplies. There is another web site where live chat twitter is being used http://www.adbusters.org/campaigns/occupywallstreet

This morning two people were arrested for just using their cameras in New York City and I will write more about that situation as more information becomes available.

James Garland of TNT
Blog: tulelakenewtimes.blogspot.com
Email: rocks4me@msn.com or tnt@cot.net

No comments:

Post a Comment